Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mannequin Models and Tangled Jewelry


A couple of weeks ago I made another one of my "tangled" necklaces. Basically, I have accumulated a good sized box of broken, damaged, found, or otherwise useless jewelry and charms over the years, holding onto them in my art cabinet wondering what in the world I am going to ever do with them. So recently, I got an idea to put them to good use. I am a big fan of unique jewelry, particularly necklaces. I love ultra long, chunky beaded, and bib necklaces, and it seems I layer more and more chokers and chains for an increasingly eclectic look. One day it dawned on me that I should combine my love for layering with the trinkets in my art cupboard to create an elaborate, perfectly imperfect mess of jewelry. "Charm Necklaces", if you will. So I tried it and a few hours later, I had a work of art that I was extremely happy with (a rare occurrence in my history of projects). The piece pictured is actually my first ever attempt at one of these tangled heaps of jewelry, and I love it dearly. While I will soon list my other creations for sale, I am too attached to this one to ever part with it. Thanks to "Teresa", my mannequin torso, for the modeling in these shots. She's a good sport. Never complains and isn't a bit camera shy. (And why should she be, with those perky ta-ta's!) She lives on top of my World War II era trunk in my "coffee talk" room. Anyway, here is necklace number one for your viewing pleasure. By all means, click the larger images and take in all the glory of the intricate charms (and Teresa, too)!

-V.



No comments:

Post a Comment